If you’re building a website strictly for AdSense, then you shouldn’t sign up for AdSense right away. There’s no good reason to sign up for AdSense immediately after creating your site because your site won’t be attracting any traffic at that point in its life.
Instead, build your site and create at least 10 to 15 pages of good content. Write blog posts about your topic and create unique, original, and entertaining articles. Flesh out your menu system, fill out the sidebar, and consider creating a header logo.
Once you’ve made your site look presentable and filled it with valuable information, you can sign up for AdSense. There’s nothing stopping you from signing up for AdSense on day one, but you’re probably not going to see great results until you build out your website.
If you’re ready to sign up for AdSense, then go to https://adsense.google.com to fill out your application. Remember that it’s free to sign up for AdSense and they accept anyone – it’s a simple application which asks for basic contact information.
Once your application is complete and approved, you can start posting advertisements on your site. Google will provide you with HTML code from your AdSense menu after logging in.
You can customize your advertisements to display different color schemes and box styles. You can also choose to display only text ads, only image ads, or a combination of both.
As far as color schemes and box styles go, you want to choose a design that blends into your site. Contrary to what some might believe, you generally don’t want your advertisements to stick out from the rest of your site. We’ll explain more tips and tricks further down the page.
How to create your account
To create your AdSense account, follow these steps:
- Visit https://www.google.com/adsense/start.
- Click Sign up now.
- Enter the URL of the site that you want to show ads on. Learn more about how to enter your URL.
Blogger, YouTube, or other host partnersIf your site is on one of our host partner sites (like Blogger or YouTube, among many others), you can complete these steps through your account there by clicking Continue in… after you enter your URL. We’ll be able to set you up faster that way as host partner sites follow a different account creation process.
- Enter your email address.
- Choose whether you’d like AdSense to send you customized help and performance suggestions.
- Click Save and continue.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Select your country or territory.
- Review and accept the AdSense Terms and Conditions.
Click Create account.
You’re now signed in to your new AdSense account.
Activate your AdSense account
After you create your AdSense account, you need to activate it so you can show ads on your site and earn money.
Your AdSense homepage has a list of tasks to complete before we can activate your account:
- Connect your site to AdSense
- Enter your payment address details
- Verify your phone number (Not required in all countries.)
After you complete each task, click Done or Submit.
Upon completion, we review your entire site to check it complies with the AdSense Program policies and email you when your account is fully activated. This process usually takes less than a day but can take longer. Then you can set up ads on your site and start earning money.
- Your site must be live and contain enough content for our specialists to evaluate. If your site is under construction, doesn’t load, or is difficult to navigate, we can’t activate your account.
- Make sure you provided the correct URL when you created your AdSense account.
- Review your site to make sure it complies with Google Adsense policies.
Connecting your site
- Copy the code exactly as it appears on your AdSense homepage.
- On the site, you used to create your AdSense account, paste the code between the and
</head>tags of a page that has content and regular traffic.
- Enter your full name exactly as it appears on your banking information.
- Provide the full postal address of your bank account, including the zip code, so you can get paid.
- Provide a valid phone number.
If we can’t activate your account
If we can’t activate your account, we’ll send an email to explain why and what steps you can take to address the issues.
More Adsense tutorial, stay connected…